Pre and Post Surgery Instructions
- No food after midnight the night before surgery.
- You may provide water to your pet.
- Arrive before 8am for the surgery
- Print out the surgical release form from this webpage to speed the admission process.
- Notify the doctor if you see any symptoms of sickness or unusual behavior from your pet the day before the surgery.
- Your pet will be ready to go home between 3pm-6pm.
- Female dogs and cats will have a midline incision on their abdomen.
- Male dogs will have an incision just above or on the scrotum.
- Check the incision 2-3 times daily. Mild redness or swelling the first few days are normal.
- Do not allow your pet to lick or chew the incision.
- Please call us if you see any severe swelling or if your pet seems uncomfortable.
- No running, jumping, playing, swimming or other strenuous activity for 7-10days.
- If you have any questions or concerns please call us at 703-941-5300 or if urgent 703-258-2222.